Friday, June 22, 2007

28 weeks

About 12 to go, although up to 14. I'm not officially (by any of the three measures) in the third trimester. I can't believe that 10 or 12 weeks ago I thought I looked pregnant. HA! No, NOW I look pregnant. Enough that strangers are starting to smile at me, and people who see me who didn't know about it say in a very surprising tone "OH! You're having a baby!".

The regular symptoms continue. Heartburn, feet in the ribs/liver, sore feet, tiredness. But I'm enjoying it too. Baby Texan is super active and I love feeling her squirm around. At birth class last night, Graeme has sitting with his hands on my belly for about 20 minutes, so felt her constand squirming. That is typical for her in the evenings. From about 8 or 9 until I go to bed, she's awake and active. I wonder if she'll keep that schedule once she joins us out here in the world.

Week 28:
- Eyebrows and eyelashes are now very noticeable.
- Hair on her head is growing longer.
- Eyes are completely formed now.
- Her body is getting plump and rounded. Most of that increase is muscle tissue and bone. Fat will be added during the third trimester.
- Muscle tone is improving.
- Lungs are capable of breathing now (but baby would still struggle and require medical attention if born now)
- She can recognize your voice now.

(I was planning to add a belly shot, but we're leaving for Canada early in the morning, and it didn't quite get done.)

No comments: