Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome, 2010

2010 has a lot to live up to, after the amazing year we have had. I think it has the potential to match 2009 though, what with an increasingly awesome two year old and a baby on the way. That's a pretty good foundation to build on and I'm very optimistic about the year ahead.

I have a few intentions for the coming year, although they are generally more of the same - be a better person, wife and mother. A more specific intention is to be kinder and more forgiving to myself. Someone please remind me of that after the baby comes and I feel like everything is falling apart around me.

I glanced back at the blog list for this past year and it's been dreadfully slim the last few months, with four posts in October, six in November and only three in December. I will try harder to update the blog more often with stories and pictures. I will start with a look back at the past year in the form of the first line of the first blog post from each month. And I promise pictures from the past few weeks will come soon as well as a pregnancy update.

January: Happy New Year, everyone! I hope 2009 is joyous, prosperous and fun.
February: Around American Thanksgiving, Kate went on a nap strike.
March: On Thursday, we (Kate, Catherine and I) went to the zoo.
April: Today was the first swimming lesson of the year.
May: Yesterday morning we went for a hike down to one of our favourite places, a swimming hole on Barton Creek.
June: If Kate takes something potentially messy and ducks out of sight and then gets quiet for five minutes, chances are it will take longer than five minutes to clean up the mess.
July: It has been raining for four days now, but yesterday afternoon the sun came out for a bit.
August: Maybe you are wondering if fell off the planet.
September: Our internet has been out all weekend for some unknown reason.
October: This weekend marked week 20 of this pregnancy.
November: Snapshots of Kate's life - a typical weekend day.
December: Kate and I are heading to Ontario in the morning for a week at my sister's house.

No comments: