Monday, April 7, 2008

In Solidarity and Thrift

Karen, the best sister ever (ok, it's actually a tie between me and her), declared on her blog today that she wasn't going to make any unnecessary purchases for the rest of April and all of May. She says that she fritters money away on lattes, snacks for the kids and eating out a bit too frequently. I don't fritter money as much as I buy bigger items a bit less frequently. Yarn. Clothes. A toy or two for Kate. Books. A lunch out now and then.

I'm joining Karen in her thrift and declare no unnecessary spending until June. Let's see what happens. I think it will be an interesting exercise.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad you're doing it with me. We can complain to each other about the lack of treats and yarn.

Erika said...

I gotta be honest, I don't get it! What are we really saving here by not purchasing something like yarn? It's fun, it's got purpose, it's not overly expensive... heck... i'll spot you BOTH yarn for 2 months just to give you the enjoyment of it! Hit me up with a bill in July (C:
-E