Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What's Cooking Wednesday

I was going to do a food theme today, but I feel like you need three things to establish a theme, and I didn't quite make it to the third. So, it's not a theme. The theme was going to be purple food, but the missing thing was the raw beet salad I was going to make. I'll make it later in the week.

Our purple food is Blueberry Lemon Loaf, from a recipe I found on All Recipes. It's pretty tasty, although I put in extra juice and zest, and I would reduce the zest to the amount called for the in recipe.


The second purple food are mulberries. There are mulberry trees all over our neighbourhood, and the one closest to us has some ripe berries. There are others that aren't quite ripe yet, so we'll have mulberries for a few weeks. Of course, we sang 'Here we go round the mulberry bush' multiple times while picking them. We might even have a mulberry pie in the next week or so. It's very fun to forage in the city. If only rhubarb grew here, I bet Rhubarb-Mulberry pie would be delicious.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Boggy Creek Farm has rhubarb a little later in the season. It's growing there already!

Shan said...

Very yummy looking purple foods!