Sunday, April 6, 2008

Newsy update

This is going to be a very newsy post, since there are a bunch of things I haven't blogged about yet. So, let's just jump in.

- Kate has been sleeping a bit better for the past four days. Only waking up once to nurse around 2 or 3 and sleeping until 7:30-ish. Much better. It's not totally consistent yet, but at least we aren't up every 2 or 3 hours and she's spending the whole night in her crib. Definite improvement. She is still working on those top teeth and has a persistent runny nose because of it.

- We started swim lessons (ok, it's more water familiarity lesson) on Friday. I was a bit worried about how it would go since she hated the attempt at swimming in Hawaii. But the water was very warm, and she actually loved it. There was joyous squealing. (Which, in a swimming pool is very echoey and loud. Certainly got everyone's attention.) Her favourite part was singing The Hokey Pokey. That's when the squealing started.

- I've started working for a few hours a week at the bike shop again. Kate comes with me, and we stay until she gets cranky. Tomorrow we're going to ride to work. I hope that goes well. I'm definitely ready to start getting back in shape. And I know my definition of 'in shape' is totally skewed.

- We're having a good weekend at home. We are doing just a few small projects (and one large one - Graeme is doing a temporary fix on the rotting portion of the deck). Last night we went to Sheryl and Jonathan's to celebrate his birthday with an evening of Dance Dance Revolution.

I'm sure there were other things to report, but I can't think of them. And no photos because I left the camera at the shop last week. Oops.

No comments: