Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sigh. Just call me inconsistent

In some ways, last night was great. Kate slept without me going in, from 9 until 6. She woke up around 2:30 but put herself back to sleep. So, that was awesome. She's getting much better about putting herself to sleep. She's always been good at it when she first goes to bed, but now she's doing it at naps, and apparently, in the middle of the night as well.

But then 6 am. She started in on the real cry (as opposed to the moaning cry, from which she can calm herself). I went in, and she was sitting sadly in her crib. At that point, the thought of 1.5 hours of working on it just didn't work for me. It would put her almost at wake up time. And my boobs were painful. So, I nursed her and she went back to sleep (eventually. she was pretty awake) and slept until 8.

So, a 9 hour stretch of sleep. Yay! Nursing her back to sleep. Not so good.

But I'm doing the best I can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A thousand times over - YOU DID GOOD!!
To me - it's a fabulous blend of discipline and love.
You are a terrific mom!

Karen said...

I think that you did great, too. I used to use the 5:00 am deadline for sleep training stuff. They would be hungry for a snack after that anyway so I figure that is just part of breakfast and it isn't in the middle of the night anymore. She made it through the proper night time and put herself back to sleep. That is a huge success for both of you.

All you did was give her her breakfast hors d'oeuvre. :) I totally did the same thing and now I have awesome sleepers. I think you're on your way to the same.