Saturday, January 20, 2007

A letter to my mum

Mum,

I can't believe you've been gone for two years. When you died, I couldn't imagine the world existing without you. And yet, here we are, two years later and everything is continuing on. I still miss you everyday.

I'm pregnant. You would be so excited, and it's made me miss you even more, even though that seemed impossible. There are so many things that I wish I could ask you. Karen and I have gotten a lot closer - I know that would make you happy. But we both miss you so much.

You were an amazing mum. I'll consider my parenting a success if I'm even a fraction as good at it as you were. I'm sad you'll never get to know your grandchildren. They will hear all about you.

I miss you, mum. I love you.

-Bethie


Lois Reyburn
July 7, 1943 - January 20, 2005

No comments: