Monday, July 23, 2007

Blogging from Telluride

Greetings from Telluride, Colorado. We are here all week because Graeme has a conference. Life is so hard, I know. We arrived yesterday and went walking around town and went up the gondola. It was raining on us though, so we cut the excursion a bit short and returned to the hotel. This morning we went for a hike that took us up to a waterfall just outside of town. It was about 1000' of elevation gain in 2 miles. Totally manageable, but my ever loosening foot joints are a bit complainy now.

Tomorrow Graeme has to go off to the conference, so I'll be on my own. I have another hike planned, probably up on the ski hill. Once I'm a bit more used to the elevation, I have grander plans for longer, more strenuous hikes. And tomorrow I'll take the camera. Totally forgot today.

(Did that picture on the last post scare everyone off? I expected comments, but alas, none.)

3 comments:

Heather D said...

Hey Beth - I wasn't put off! I thought the photo was nice, and I kind of want to have one of myself like that now too. You look lovely, and I think the fact that it's not in focus is actually a nice touch. It looks soft and deliberately artistic. Glad you guys made it to CO safely - take it easy on those hikes - I know you're one tough strong mama, but don't forget to rest. We saw Westley on Sunday night; he's doing well. He made a paw print with paint for a get-well card for Wallace. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I thought when I saw the picture was, "wow, she's not wearing a thong".

Have fun in Colorado :-)

little b said...

hahahaha. I purposefully put on more-coverage panties that day, just for the picture.

Colorado is great so far. I'll do a post (with pictures!) later today.