Monday, July 30, 2007

Ankles? What ankles?

Yep, the swelling is still here. I think it's better today though. Yesterday we were installing crown moulding, which meant being on my feet a lot, so all the gains from Saturday were lost. But today is getting better. I was getting a bit stressed because severe swelling can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia. And of course, I have no idea what 'normal' swelling is, so I didn't know if mine was outside the normal realm.

I shouldn't have worried. I had a midwife appointment this morning, and my blood pressure is great and there is no protien in my urine (real symptoms of pre-eclampsia). I was stressed for nothing. However, my weight gain was ridiculous for only 2.5 weeks. I'm sure more than half of it was the water sloshing around in my lower legs though. The midwife said to swim and to keep drinking lots of water. I'll go to the pool tonight and see if that helps.

Otherwise, everything is great. Still measuring perfectly, heart beat, blood pressure - all great. I have another appointment in two weeks, and then I start going in every week. That means we're getting close!

2 comments:

Heather D said...

Beth, I haven't had feet or ankle swelling yet, but my hands have been swollen on and off, and swimming, being in the a/c, and drinking lots of water is the only thing that has helped me. Swimming is like instant relief. Even after 5 laps or so I feel like a new, non swollen woman! Good luck - I think the humidity makes it worse. I remember Grace going through this last summer. :(

Mariposa del Diablo said...

My blood pressure was normal and I still had tree stumps for legs by the end of my pregnancy. I had to wear flip flops for the last 2 months because my fit were ginormous. I also gained almost 40 pounds, but as I lost almost all of that within 2-3 weeks of giving birth, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the weight was water. You'll sweat it all out at night.