I just posted a note on Facebook because I'd been tagged by a number of people. It's a meme, and although I put it off for a couple of days, when I sat down to do it, I thought it was quite fun. I tried not to overthink it or try to make myself sound clever or interesting or whatever. Just posted what came to mind.
So, here is it. May as well get a post out of it here too, right?
25 random things about me:
1. I've worn glasses since I was 8 years old. My eyesight is terrible.
2. But I have excellent teeth. They have been described by more than one dentist as 'perfect'.
3. I change my hair colour every few months. I'm no longer fond of it's natural colour. Too boring.
4. I am completely in love with my daughter, Kate.
5. I am also completely in love with my husband, Graeme.
6. Graeme and I met in high school, have been together for 17 years and married for almost 10.
7. I love cookies.
8. I was bitten by a Canada Goose when I was a toddler. I'm still kind of scared of them.
9. I can wear children's shoes.
10. I think smile lines are a sign of a successful life.
11. I'm an excellent cook and baker.
12. I am incapable of following a recipe when I cook. But I can when I'm baking.
13. I'm agnostic. Maybe.
14. I love love love mountain biking.
15. Before having Kate, I competed in endurance mountain biking and adventure racing. I've just started getting back into it. I may never been as into it as I was, and I'm ok with that.
16. I knit.
17. I'm not as tall as I think I am.
18. My favourite book is "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek" by Annie Dillard.
19. I'm Canadian, through and through.
20. I could eat the same thing for breakfast every single day - granola with yogurt and fruit.
21. Tea. While there is tea, there is hope.
22. I have a very poor memory of my childhood. My sister's is much better, and I wish I remembered more. I'm not sure why I don't.
23. I adore my sister.
24. I miss my mum. She died four years ago.
25. I'm very generous. I get it from my mum.