I got my first meme tag from my sister to list the seven songs I would choose if I only got seven songs for the rest of my life. Yikes. I realized that the list I make is totally dependant on my mood. And last night I thought of a song that should DEFINITELY be on the list, and of course today I have no idea what it was.
So, today's list, in no particular order:
1. Nightswimming by REM. I love this song, and have since I first heard it when 'Automatic for the People' came out in '92.
2. The longest time by Billy Joel. One of the best songs ever for singing LOUDLY in the car with a friend. Great harmonies.
3. Closer to fine by The Indigo Girls. Same reason as in #2.
4. Passing Afternoon by Iron & Wine. Such a sad sounding song. It's lovely.
5. I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor. See #2 (except for the harmonies part).
6. Faith by George Michael. I have loved this song since high school. It came on the radio the other day as I was getting close to home, and I sat in the car in the driveway until it was done, singing the whole way through.
7. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You by Colin Hay. Sweet, sad song from the Garden State soundtrack. I love it.