Friday, March 2, 2007

Thank you for your support

I bought the first pregnancy related item(s) today. A bra. Actually, four. I had none at all. Previously, I haven't been able to fill an A cup, so there wasn't much point in wearing one. I would wear tanks with built in shelf bras, or just layer t-shirts and it was totally fine. But the boobs have been growing, and now I can't comfortably run around without crossing my arms over my chest. And it's not looking quite so good in the t-shirts. I went to Petticoat Fair, which every woman in Austin I've ever talked to about bras has recommended. And they know what they are doing. I went in, put my name down for a custom fitting and explained the situation - never really had a real bra, don't know what size I'll be, don't want to spend a lot if they aren't going to fit for long, etc. etc. The woman brought me a few to try, and I found FOUR that were good. They are comfortable! And the most expensive one was $20! I even had to ask how many bras you need - she said three, but since I couldn't decide, I got all four of them. And now I can run without my arms crossed awkwardly. Yay!

2 comments:

fatwonkkid said...

i know several women that grew anywhere from one to three cup sizes during the pregnancy. when all was said and done, they were left with anywhere from +0 to +1 cup sizes per kid.

the stomach shots are pretty amusing

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Maybe I'll have to visit that shop next time I'm in town. Somehow people don't seem to understand that "38 nearly A" doesn't actually have a D cup!!! -Erika