Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! We had a very mellow NYE at home last night, and I was asleep at midnight. I read something on the NY Times website yesterday that's been rattling around in my brain.
"... out of the tens of millions of species on this planet, only one bothers to celebrate not the passing of time, but the way it has chosen to mark the passing of time."

I was thinking about it yesterday and about how I often feel like I'm waiting for something - an event, or a date, or some other milestone. Rather than celebrating, I'm waiting for the next thing. Waiting keeps me from being present to what is going on right now, which is really all there is. Being present is something I'm going to work on in 2008, especially considering my/our biggest accomplishment event new thing of 2007, the biggest in our lives:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS - is she precious or what.
I'm SOOO eager to hold her, and care for her real soon!
Beautifully thoughtful entry Beth! LOVE YOU.