Thursday, January 10, 2008

She's come undone

Kate is still swaddled at night and sleeps longer when she's wrapped up. Now that she is very interested in sucking her thumb, we have tried a couple of times to put her down in her sleep sack but invariably she wakes up a short time later. But for the past week or so, she has managed to free her arms from the swaddle even when wrapped up tight, and yesterday morning she woke up in frustration at not being able to get them out. I took that as a sign.

Last night I put her to bed in her sleep sack, fully expecting to go in and put her back to sleep after only an hour or so. But she surprised me! She slept from 8:30 until 5 this morning when she nursed, got a diaper change and went back to sleep. But only until 7 when she decided she was up for the day.

I'm very excited about this development. I was expecting to be up every couple of hours for a few nights while she adjusted to her new found arm freedom, but she continues to surprise me.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That's great news! She's so adaptable.