Thursday, May 31, 2007

Week 25

I haven't sorted through pictures from the weekend yet, but today marks week 25, so I thought I'd give a pregnancy update. This week I got a glimmer that the summer isn't going to be all puppies and roses. I started to feel a bit of uncomfortableness - it's hard to bend over, sleeping isn't as comfortable, continued heartburn, and tonight I noticed that my ankles are swollen. That's a new one. I thought I had a bit more time before the swollen ankles started. The flight/drive on Saturday also caused the first bit of sciatica, which I was also hoping to avoid. Now that it's flared up, it seems to be a bit persistant. I'll try to do some exercises we did in yoga class that will probably help. So, in essence, the second trimester honeymoon phase is ending and I fear it's going to be a long summer. I'm still determined to enjoy it all, but I might occassionally need some encouragement. Please don't think that my reports on symptoms are a bunch of complaining (although they may sometimes be), I just want to record everything that's going on.

In baby texan's world, here's what's happening this week:
- The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings.
- Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
- Nostrils begin to open.
- The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now.
- Swallowing reflexes are developing.
- Dexterity is improving. She can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
- She is approximately 13.6 inches long.

No comments: