Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Making up for yesterday

Kate has been an angel today. Mostly because she's been sleeping all day. As she should, since between 8:45 am and 11:30 pm yesterday she slept for maybe 2.5 hours. Total. The witching hour last night was from 8 til 11:30 and was the worst ever. But today? Angelic.

We (Erika, Heather, Kate and I) went to a movie this afternoon. The Alamo Drafthouse has baby days on Tuesdays and Fridays, and Kate slept through nearly the entire movie. It was bliss to have some lunch and enjoy a movie while she slept. And now she's sleeping again.

The first night in the crib was good (once she fell asleep at 11:30. I've now said 11:30 three, no four, times). She slept great. i slept crappy though. I moved her all of ten feet away, but I was listening harder, and just not sleeping well without her next to me. I'm sure in another night I'll be back to sleeping like the dead between feedings, but today I'm tired. At least she didn't seem to mind the crib.

Keep your fingers crossed that the angel will stay through the evening and the devil won't return.

No comments: