Monday, August 6, 2007

Affirmations

I'm feeling very calm about the whole birth/labour thing. No, I don't know how to do it, but my body does, and I'm totally trusting it to do what it's supposed to do. It's very calming to just not worry about it. It will go the way it's supposed to go. I can't say that I'm so zen about what comes after that (especially breast feeding, but I know we'll figure that out too), but I think this is a good start.

My affirmation this week:
My body knows how to birth my baby.
My baby knows how to be born.

1 comment:

Heather D said...

I've been saying the same sort of thing to myself. It was helpful until we watched Penny Simkin's childbirth video in the Conscious Birthing class , which kind of petrified me. My affirmation right now is: I am going to stay happily pregnant, forever!