I really, really promise a belly shot this weekend. Really. I've been a total slacker, but the fact is that the belly is growing and should definitely be documented.
We have chosen a pediatrician, which seems like a big step. I don't even have a doctor, but Baby Texan does. We went to "Meet the Doctor night" at a local practice last night that came recommended by one of Graeme's colleagues. We got to ask some questions, see the place, and decide if it seemed like a good fit. It did, it's close by, and it came recommended. I suppose we could look around more, but we decided to go with them. That's one more thing off the list.
We have one last party/shower this weekend. We've had three now (yes, there are pictures to post. Yes, I"m a slacker). The party on Sunday night will be mountain bike people - mostly regular customers from the shop. It will be quite fun. And then I'll be able to go buy the last few things we need and I can become organized to an obsessive compulsive level.
5 more weeks to go! (give or take two). The fetal development is getting boring at this point, but for the sake of continuity, here's what's happening this week:
- The average baby weighs almost five and a half pounds now.
- Most babies born now will survive and without many long-term problems.
- Fat accumulations plumps up the arms and legs this week.
- Hearing is fully developed, so be sure to talk to your daughter.
- The baby is now taking up most of the uterus. Soon though, baby will move down and you'll be able to breathe easily again.
- She is 18.2 inches (46.2cm) long and weighs 5.3 pounds (2383gm).