I've had this post half written since Thursday, in anticipation of a belly shot. At some point, you just have to post, or else it will be time for the next week's update.
I'm feeling great and looking very pregnant. 4-8 weeks to go, but I'm not getting impatient at all. I know full well that she is less work inside than outside. I do see how the next few weeks are going to get increasingly uncomfortable though. My hips and lower back are starting to notice the extra weight, and it's a constant battle with the swelling in my ankles. I have figured out that hiking and swimming (one followed by the other) is a consistent remedy against the ankle loss. I'll have to go more frequently. The dog won't complain about that.
- Your baby acts completely like a newborn, with her eyes opened when awake and closed when sleeping. She may also be settling into more of a routine for sleeping & awake times.
- She has learned to blink.
- Antibodies from my blood are being tranferred to her. These immunities continue to build until birth. Then breastmilk will add even more protection against disease.
- Fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips now.
- She is 17.7 inches (45cm) long and weight is 4.7 pounds (2146 g).