Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Border update

No problem at the border today except for the long wait. It was an uneventful drive down (the tailwind means I got more than 40 miles/gal!!) and then I got a bit lost in Laredo looking for the secure parking lot. I never found the one I was looking, so but found a different one. I walked across into Mexico (you can just walk in. I didn't show anyone any documentation of any kind.) and then walked straight back across the bridge and got in line for my new permit. When I joined th line, there were only two people ahead of me. Woohoo!

We stood for over an hour during which no one was called out of line. Over an hour. Once they started calling us, the two people ahead of me went very quickly. Then it was my turn. It was uneventful and I was out of there in about half an hour.

Unfortunately, the long wait meant that I hit traffic in both San Antonio and Austin on the way home. Ug. At least it's done for another year.

2 comments:

ada said...

wow, glad that it went well. did the two of you go together?
the fees for applying for the green card are tripling soon, eh? from 300 something to 900 something. i have to file soon to make that less expensive fee. they want a long version of the ontario birth certificate for the application--strange! but you can apply on-line, which is nice and easy. anyways... glad your errand is over!

Anonymous said...

yeah for you!
-Erika