Friday, February 16, 2007

Ten weeks

We've entered double digits! Monday is our first midwife appointment. There will be blood work, urinalysis, pelvic exam, pap smear, ultrasound/doppler to hear the heartbeat plus lots of questions from us. I'm going to make a list of questions this weekend to take with me, because I know I'll forget once we get there. I'm excited about the appointment. I think it will all seem more real once we hear a heartbeat.

In week ten, here's what's happening:
- The most critical part of your infant's development is complete. Now you are headed into a period of rapid growth.
- The head is now about half its length.
- Eyelids fuse shut and irises begin to develop. Eye color is also determined by this point.
- Placenta begins to function this week or next.
- The fetus will be about 1.22 inch long (3.1cm) and weigh 0.14 ounce (4gm) at the end of this week.

No comments: