Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What's cooking Wednesday

Nothing is being cooked here. We haven't gone grocery shopping in a week. I know that's typical for a lot of people, but we don't currently have a car, so we never buy a whole week's worth of fresh stuff at a time. But, never fear, the Soup Peddler is here!

Last week's menu looked so good, I ordered three things! I just couldn't narrow it down. Graeme tried the Chicken Pot Pie, which he really enjoyed once he got over the fact that it was puff pastry rather than pie crust pastry (he has a definite bias). It was tasty with big chicken and carrot pieces (remarkably, the carrots weren't soggy).


I went for the Beef Masaman Curry. YUM. Big chunks of beef and potato in a delicious curry/coconut milk sauce. I'll be having more of this for lunch tomorrow.


And finally, the chocolate macaroons. I haven't gotten the dessert option from the peddler before, but I couldn't resist. they were gooey and rich. We only each had half of one. Their 'six servings' prediction was a bit under-estimated.


Yay for the Soup Peddler!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that trusty cute Civic finally dead?

little b said...

The civic died more than four months ago. We've been waiting on the new car for more than three months. BUT! We should be getting it this weekend! yahoo!