Friday, February 2, 2007

8 weeks

Yes, this week I'll post a picture. They don't need to be weekly at this point, since there isn't anything to see. But I will take one tomorrow. The issue has been that I'm very bloated at night, so I look unrealistically bulge-y, but in the morning I look normal. But Graeme isn't awake in the morning to take picture. So, we will do it Saturday morning. Promise.

Week 8 starts today. Here is what is happening this week:
- Cartilage and bones begin to form.
- The basic structure of the eye is well underway.
- The tongue begins to develop.
- Intestines move out of the umbilical cord into the abdomen.
- The fingers and toes have appeared but are webbed and short.
- Fetus length (crown to rump) is 0.61 inch (1.6cm) and weight is 0.04 ounce (1gm)
(from Pregnancy.org)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I find it poignant that the weight is one "graeme". heh.