Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What's cooking Wednesday

I admit, I made this yesterday. But there are leftovers, which I had planned on, so I took a picture yesterday to post it today. I made this a few weeks ago by throwing together what was in the fridge when I felt like there was nothing at all. It's a new favourite. It doesn't even have a name. We refer to it as Sour Creme Pasta, but that isn't a very good name.

Start by putting the pasta water on. I used a bowtie pasta because I like how it holds sauce. Any short pasta would work though. I got a marinated Chipotle Lime chicken breast from Central Market. Any flavour would do, and it doesn't need to be marinated, a plain breast would work. I cut it and sauteed it until mostly cooked, and then added whatever veggies were around - this week it was red peppers, tomatoes, corn and green beans (which were blanched briefly with the pasta). Cook until veggies are done. If the chicken isn't marinated, you'll want to choose a sauce of some sort. Any salad dressing would do. Salsa or chimichuri sauce would be good. Whatever you have will work. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and stir into chicken and veggies. Add a few tablespoons of sour creme, and stir til everything is coated and mixed. I added a handful of chopped cilantro and black pepper. Yum. It's creamy without being heavy, and can be modified for whatever is in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good news! You can eat fish!