Monday, February 12, 2007

Run for the border!

I realized late last night that my work permit expires tomorrow. I knew it expired mid-February, but I wasn't sure of the exact date. I also knew we would be getting our car before then, so I wasn't really worrying about it. Well, it's a good thing that I checked, because it means I have to drive to the Mexico border tomorrow so that I can exit and reenter. I learned that it's actually possible to renew through the mail, but it's obviously too late for that. It's a three hour drive to Laredo, Texas where I will park the car in a secure lot and walk into Mexico to just immediately turn around and walk back. We're putting together our residency application, and I will be so happy next year when I don't have to worry about renewing this damn thing again.

Wish me luck. I don't want to end up stuck in Mexico.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny!!! I think you and Graeme were MADE for each other (-: tee hee
-Erika

Anonymous said...

Just be careful. Laredo isn't a happy place these days.